An Obstetric specific difficult airways course, helping all grades of anaesthetist and ODP manage the obstetric difficult airway with confidence. This one day course comprises lectures, workshops and simulation, with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Background to obstetric airways (NAP 4 & 5, MMBRACE and OAA/DAS guidelines)
- Human factors
- Pre-intubation checklists
- Safe Obstetric General Anaesthesia, with videolaryngoscopes and Optiflow
- Obstetric failed intubation, supraglottic airway devices and secondary intubation
- Front of neck access
- Discussion regarding decision to wake/ proceed
- Are multidisciplinary
- Use high fidelity manikins
- Provide a safe environment to practice team work and human factors
This course is run by a consultant faculty with interests in obstetric difficult airways. It is supported by multiple equipment representatives, enabling delegates to have hands on experience with a wide variety of equipment, and develop their techniques for difficult intubation in a safe environment. The course has been running since 2014 with excellent feedback, and is accredited for 6 CPD points by the RCoA.
Please visit this page later for next course date
Anaesthetics: Trainee £65, Consultant £100
Obstetrics: Trainee £20, Consultant £35