The joint meeting of the Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists and the Difficult Airway Society was held in Norwich on 10-12 March 2005
The Joint APA/DAS part of the meeting was on Thursday 10th March 2005 in the King's Centre, King Street, Norwich.
The subsequent APA meeting was Friday 11th and Saturday 12th March 2005.
The programme for Thursday 10th March;
- 10.30-12.30 Workshops
- 13.30-14.00 Recognition and management of the difficult airway in children - Dr Rob Walker (Manchester, UK)
- 14.00-14.30 Anesthesia for bronchoscopy in children - Dr Pat Farrell (Australia)
- 14.30-15.00 Laser airway surgery - Dr Ian Barker (Sheffield, UK)
- 15.45-16.15 OSA - Dr Stephanie Bew (Leeds, UK)
- 16.15-16.45 Difficult airways in the developing world - Dr Jonathan Payne (NNUH, UK)
- 16.45-17.30 Maintenance of difficult airway skills - Dr Ann Black (GOS, UK) and Dr Nick Woodall (NNUH, UK)
Evening Social Programme
- 18.30 Lord Mayors Reception - Norwich Castle
- 20.00 Informal Dinner - Loch Fyne Restaurant (Limited Places 120)
Thanks to Kathy Wilkinson and the Paediatric Anaesthetists of the Department of Anaesthesia, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for all their work in organising this meeting. Report to follow.