Difficult Airway Society
DAS Trainee Representative
We are delighted to announce that applications for the role of Trainee Representative are now welcome from Full (UK & Irish) members of DAS in good standing.
The role of Trainee Representative is multi-faceted and is influenced by skills and preferences of the individual. This may include the DAS Newsletter; the DAS website, particularly with regards to the development of educational material; the use of social media for communication and education; and providing a trainee perspective on matters arising within the committee.
Information on eligibility for and the role of the trainee representative can be found on the DAS website (https://das.uk.com/files/2018/page/Addendum_VF_The_DAS_Committee.pdf). Demonstrable evidence of a prior interest in airway management is advantageous, but not a prerequisite.
- Applications open from 1st September to 23:59 (BST) on 24th September 2021.
- Cover letter and CVs are reviewed by DAS Executive week commencing 27th September and the top 3 candidates invited to interview.
- Telephone interviews will be conducted from the week commencing 11th October 2021.
- Results to be announced at the DAS Annual Scientific Meeting (4th-5th November 2021) at the Annual Members Meeting.
- The tenure of DAS Trainee Representative will be for a fixed 2-year term from announcement of results.
- The trainee representative should be post FRCA / FFARCSI and have a minimum of 18 months from their CCT.
The successful candidate will be announced at the DAS Annual Scientific Meeting (4th-5th November 2021) at the Annual Members Meeting.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and CV to the DAS Secretariat at [email protected].
Closing date: 23:59 (BST) 24th September 2021.
Dr Barry McGuire
Registered Charity 1071732
DAS 2021 4th – 5th November 2021. Register your interest: www.das2021.co.uk