This hands-on workshop is aimed at anaesthetists of all grades and is accredited for 5 CPD points.
One day course
Designed to teach, or refresh your experience in, using basic and advanced equipment and technics in the management of anticipated and unexpected difficult intubation.
Stations are mainly designed for hands-on practice and include:
- Nasal and Oral Fibreoptic intubation
- Staged extubation
- ORSIM Simulated airway trainer
- Supraglottic airway devices,
- Rescue intubation via LMA
- NAP4 Surgical front of neck access
- Ultrasound guided airway management
- Videolaryngoscopes (non-channelled) Glidescope, C-Mac, MacGrath, Kingvision
- Videolaryngoscopes (channelled) Kingvision, AP Advance, Pentax AWS, Airtraq
- Human factors airway simulation
- Advanced hybrid airway techniques
- Paediatric airway management
- THRIVE/ Optiflow
Places are limited to 40 and early booking is recommended.
Weston Education Centre, King’s College Hospital,
Denmark Hill, London, UK SE5 9RS
CPD: Accreditation: 5 CPD external credits by RCoA, DAS & EAMS
Fri, 05th Oct 2018
£150 (Subsidised fee for South Thames Trainees £100)
Breakfast and lunch will be provided